If you are an avid gamer, you may not even realize how filthy your game controllers are after a lot of use. If you game with other people, the controllers could be even dirtier than you want to know. It’s essential to maintain proper hygiene by regularly cleaning your gaming controllers. Keeping them clean will also extend the life of your equipment.
How to Clean Gaming Controllers
Whether your gaming platform is Xbox or PlayStation
, you will need the following supplies to clean your gaming controllers effectively:
- Canned air
- Alcohol wipes
- Lint-free cloths
- A toothpick
- Q-tip or dry toothbrush
The process for cleaning gaming controllers is the same for a PS4 controller as it is with an Xbox controller
. Let’s get started. The steps to thoroughly clean your game controllers are:
- Unplug your gaming controller. If it’s a wireless version, take out the batteries. You don’t want to get them wet, which could lead to corrosion.
- It’s a good idea to lay a towel or paper towels underneath your game controller while cleaning it to protect the surface from any grime.
- Use the toothpick or Q-tip to remove any dirt or debris from all the nooks and crannies of your controller. Be super careful not to damage anything. A gentle touch is critical here. Don’t forget to run the toothpick over any seams to remove dirt in there too. You can use the toothbrush to clean around buttons and joysticks gently.
- Use the canned air to blow out any stubborn dirt and debris from areas you cannot reach or that you dislodged with your toothpick. Be sure to hold the can upright so no liquid comes out and sprays your device.
- Clean the charging and connection ports also. Be careful and gentle.
- Use the alcohol wipes to thoroughly clean every surface of the game controller.
- You can put some isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip to reach smaller spaces and clean them effectively.
- Wipe your entire controller with the lint-free cloth to dry it off.
Many game controller companies do not recommend using any water, soap, or other liquid on the controller. If you do, you may void the warranty.
Gaming Controller Warranty Considerations
Gaming equipment has grown from the simple Atari system to immersive graphics, award-winning sound, and real-life gameplay. Unfortunately, most gaming equipment is expensive. Therefore, you need to do some research to figure out which system is best for you. Part of that exploration should also include checking out the game controller warranty
Most gaming equipment will come with a warranty from the manufacturer. The manufacturer’s warranty guarantees that the product is free from manufacturing defects for usually one year. However, after the first year, the device loses its coverage. In addition, manufacturers’ warranties also don’t cover accidental damage or early wear.
That’s why it is so important to protect your game controllers with Upsie
. Not only do they cover manufacturer’s defects, but also accidental damage like screen cracks, liquid damage, drops, and more. In addition, you get unlimited claims up to the product’s purchase price.
Upsie’s warranties overlap with the manufacturer’s warranty and take over full coverage after the initial warranty expires. As a result, your gaming device has comprehensive coverage that lasts for years. Upsie offers two-year and three-year warranties for gaming consoles and controllers.
Customers can call Upsie’s 24/7 claim support to file a claim and get it fixed as fast as possible. You get to choose whether to send it in with two-day shipping or have it fixed by a certified repair technician.
Upsie also charges up to 70% less than other extended warranty companies. Enjoy valuable peace of mind knowing your gaming equipment is covered for defects and accidental damage.
Learn More About Video Gaming: