Like many major electronics manufacturers, Samsung offers a proprietary extended warranty. CNET calls
this protection plan Samsung's version of AppleCare+
, and indeed, Samsung Care+ even sports a similar name. Yet, Samsung Care+ probably is not the best warranty option for your Samsung devices. If you already purchased it, however, we’ll teach you how to switch from SamsungCare+ to Upsie.
What is Samsung Care+?
With Samsung Care+, the company offers a protection plan that extends its manufacturers' warranty on electronics, like smartphones. Here's a quick summary of the notable features of this extended warranty:
- The company bills monthly for up to three years or until subscribers cancel it.
- Samsung Care+ limits repairs for accidents to three per year. In comparison, AppleCare+ limits accidental damage repairs to just two per year.
- Samsung does not charge extra fees for claims other than accidental damage, including defective batteries. Still, they charge a $249 service fee for accidental damage to foldable phones.
- Typically, getting repairs or replacement phones will take mailing the damaged device to a service center and waiting for return mail.
For Samsung's new foldable phones, paying a $249 service fee for a broken screen might still be cheaper than paying for repairs out of pocket. According to the Android Authority
, Samsung charges $499 to replace just the main screen on one of these new devices. These phones are pretty unique and relatively novel, so repairs cost quite a bit. Plus, finding qualified services can present a challenge. Still, if you add up the monthly charge for Samsung Care+ and the service fee, you’ll probably wonder if this protection plan is really worth it.
How to Switch to Upsie's Extended Warranty for Samsung Products
It's easy for consumers to decide impulsively to enroll in the plans they see when they checkout. When people buy new electronics or appliances from Samsung, the seller will promote their extended warranties. Sadly, many people start reading the fine print after purchasing protection and then suffer from buyer's remorse.
On the positive side, Samsung made their extended warranty protection plan easy to cancel. According to their website
, “You can cancel Samsung Care+, Samsung Care+ with Theft and Loss, or Samsung Premium Care at any time, for any reason, by calling Samsung at 1-866-371-9501, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or by mailing a request for cancellation to the address specified in your Terms and Conditions. You can also login to your Samsung account on Samsung.com, click on "My account," and then "My Subscriptions." You will then see your active Samsung Care+, Samsung Care+ with Theft and Loss or Samsung Premium Care Subscription and an option to cancel. Please see your program’s Terms and Conditions for full coverage details.”
In contrast, Upsie also makes it easy to enroll. With Upsie's smartphone subscription warranties, there is no eligibility window. This means you can purchase an Upsie warranty for any smartphone, regardless of when you bought it. For TVs and major appliances, customers have up to 11 months. Lastly, for laptops, tablets and other devices, Upsie gives you up to 60 days to secure their fantastic coverage. Plans are purchased and activated completely online.
Even better, Upsie offers its protection plans for many new and refurbished devices, so long as the products come with at least a 30-day seller's warranty. This warranty company will even transfer any remaining warranty protection to a new owner.
Why Buy an Upsie Extended Warranty for Samsung Products
Some of the essential benefits of Upsie warranties for Samsung products include:
- Live claims in the 24 hours a day and seven days a week. The representatives will help the customers submit claims and arrange for service.
- Upsie gives its customers a choice of certified local or mail-in repairs for small devices. Or they will pay the postage both ways for mail-in service and only charge a modest deductible. For large appliances and TVs, Upsie will help schedule a qualified repair technician to come to your home, with no deductible.
Anybody with a recently purchased Samsung smartwatch
, tablet, smartphone, or appliance, visit the Upsie extended warranty page
to choose their product. It's simple to register Upsie protection and then cancel Samsung Care+. Of course, it's easier to refuse the extra protection in the first place and then head over to Upsie.
Learn More About Warranties: