Samsung and GE are two of the best appliance manufacturers for washers and dryers. They have some of the newest smart features with high-quality machines. So, how do you make the choice between the two brands?
How to Choose the Best Washer and Dryer for Your Home
Choosing a washer and dryer
for your home might be difficult because there are so many options. There are front-loading, top-loading, and combo washer and dryer options from nearly every brand. Some brands also offer smart features that allow you to control your washer and dryer remotely and receive notifications when a cycle is complete.
Some of the most important things to consider when choosing a washer and dryer include the following:
- Price: You can purchase a washer and dryer set for as little as $500, or you can find sets that cost over $5000. Before you begin searching for a washer and dryer, set a budget for the purchase.
- Customer Reviews: Always check the customer reviews before you purchase a washer or dryer. Some appliances might have issues with manufacturing defects.
- Color and Design: It’s nice to have a washer and dryer that matches the other appliances in your home. If you’ve purchased most of your appliances from one manufacturer, consider washers and dryers from the same brand.
Two of the most popular manufacturers of washers and dryers are Samsung and GE. Both have high-quality options perfect for any home. Here’s how the two brands compare.
How Much Do Samsung Washers and Dryers Cost?
Samsung’s washers and dryers
come with some of the best smart features to make your life easier. For example, many of Samsung’s washers and dryers connect with the SmartThings Home app. This app gives cycle recommendations and sends alerts when you’re low on detergent. In addition, many of Samsung’s washers and dryers are ENERGY STAR certified.
Unless you purchase your washer and dryer during a sale, you’ll spend around $1,000 per washer and dryer, totaling $2,000 on a Samsung set. However, Samsung also has options that cost significantly more.
How Much Do GE Washers and Dryers Cost?
Like Samsung, GE also has smart washers and dryers
. In addition, GE has a couple dozen Energy Efficient models and several more than are ADA compliant.
Overall, GE’s washers and dryers cost roughly the same as those from Samsung. If you purchase a GE washer or dryer (not during a sale), you’ll pay around $1,000 per appliance and over $2,000 for a set.
Which Has Better Washers and Dryers: Samsung or GE?
Samsung and GE are two of the best brands for washers and dryers. Not surprisingly, they also have a lot in common.
- Smart Tech: Both Samsung and GE have washers and dryers with WiFi. When using a washer and dryer with WiFi, you’ll be able to see when a cycle is complete and receive other updates. Between Samsung and GE, Samsung’s smart features are slightly more up-to-date.
- Cycles: Samsung’s washers and dryers have more cycle options than GE’s. While GE has 12 cycles, Samsung has 23. This allows you to customize the cycle to the load.
- Capacity: Both brands offer washers and dryers with the same load size.
- Sanitization Cycles: Samsung and GE both have cycles that will rinse allergens and dust out of clothes to help those with allergies and asthma.
- Cycle Length: The average cycle is 60 minutes. However, Samsung has a high-pressure option that will wash clothes in just 30 minutes.
- Auto Detergent Dispenser: GE has an automatic detergent dispenser that makes it easier to get the exact amount of detergent needed. This also prolongs the life of the washer by preventing excess suds.
In many cases, Samsung and GE offer nearly identical options. GE appliances are likely to last longer than those from Samsung, thanks to the addition of the auto detergent dispenser. However, Samsung has more cycle options and has a speed cycle option for when you need your clothes washed as quickly as possible.
Protect Your Washer and Dryer With Upsie
No matter which brand you choose to purchase your washer and dryer from, you should pair it with an Upsie extended warranty
. Upsie’s large appliance warranties offer comprehensive protection that extends your manufacturer warranty. For example, with Upsie, you can purchase a three-year or five-year warranty for washers and dryers.
Upsie’s warranties protect the washer and dryer from mechanical failure, power failure, heating and cooling problems, and drain failure. In addition, customers can make unlimited claims up to the appliance’s purchase price with no deductibles.
Best of all, Upsie’s appliance warranties cost up to 70% less than warranties from retailers and competitors.
Learn More About Appliances: