Americans love pets. The Insurance Information Institute
reported that 67 percent of all households in the U.S. include pets. Dogs and cats get invited into most homes, followed by birds and other small animals. About 1.6 million households keep at least one horse, though the owners probably don’t keep them in the house.
Why Animal-Loving Households Need the Best Pet Vacuums
In any case, household pets offer many benefits, but they also shed a lot of fur, or in some cases, feathers. Sadly, pet fur, feathers, dander, and all the dirt they might track around ends up in carpets, the spaces between tiles, and on furniture.
According to PetMD
, these contaminants can do more than cause annoyance, and excess shedding can threaten people’s health if they suffer from allergies and other respiratory issues. The best vacuums for pet hair will ensure that mess makes it into the trash and doesn’t keep settling on the ground and getting kicked back into the air.
This article includes the best pet vacuums for homes with dogs, dogs, birds, or other furry or feathery animals.
The Best Pet Vacuum for People Who Love Pets
To compare vacuums, consider the suction strength and type of filter. Also, some vacuums look great on paper because they have powerful engines and HEPA filters, but they tend to clog easily, making them inconvenient to use. Also, various households prefer upright, bagless, canister, robot, or stick vacuums. Plus, most people will need to stick to a budget.
With all of that in mind, consider some top vacuum choices for pet-friendly households:
- A great value: Functional pet vacuums don’t have to cost several hundred dollars. The Bissell Cleanview Bagless Upright Vacuum costs just over $100, earns excellent reviews from owners, and comes with additional attachments that make it easy to remove pet hair from tight spaces.
- An affordable HEPA filter: Sticking with Bissell, about $183 buys an excellent vacuum with a HEPA filter. It also comes with handy attachments, including a wand that can extend the machine’s reach to 12-foot-high ceilings.
- A rechargeable powerhouse: The Black+Decker Powerseries Cordless Stick Vacuum costs about $100 and runs for about an hour on a charge. Users can also easily convert this vacuum to a handheld.
- A robot vacuum for pet lovers: Roborock’s S6 MaxV can vacuum and mop. Plus, this robot vacuum can differentiate between substances like pet hair and poo to treat them accordingly.
- A canister vacuum that’s stronger than pet messes: Miele sells the Classic Cat & Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner for about $679. Some consumers might feel that it’s pricey for a conventional vac, but it comes with small-particle filtration and an extra charcoal filter.
What’s the Best Warranty for a Pet Vacuum?
Few people regret investing in a great vacuum — especially pet-friendly homes. Not only can a good vac clean the floors and furniture, but it can also help improve indoor air quality. However, vacuums are prone to breaking and leaving the customer with an expired manufacturer’s warranty and a high repair bill.
An Upsie vacuum warranty will provide an additional two or three years of protection, and it also offers coverage against mechanical, electrical, and even part failure. In addition, Upsie customers can access local or mail-in repairs from certified service centers and get in touch with a claims representative 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Best of all, Upsie’s warranties cost up to 70 percent less than warranties from retailers and manufacturers.
With an Upsie extended warranty, you can use your pet vacuum worry-free.
Learn More About Small Appliances: